Thursday, June 5, 2008

being me



The art community that I belong to is going thru some growing pains. People seem to be intimidate by the ones that are so much better then they and almost feel like giving up. Some times you feel like you need to teach not painting basics but psychological encouragement. LOL. This is the post I gave and if anyone else needs words of encouragement here it is. While I agree that sometimes one can get intimidated by the excellence of some painters, but dont loose site of the reason you came here. To learn and teach and be a part of something. I like the friends I have made and each one has a little tidbit to give, and an inspiration if you look at something you like. Even looking at masters like Rembrandt, you feel like,"I'll never paint like that". Just remember you are you and when you create there is no one else in the world that has your voice thoughts and feelings. I remember a quote and I can't remember where I read it. But it goes something like "you are the only you that will ever be. If you fail to be what you are, what you could have created will be lost forever". Don't worry about anyone else. Seek you own voice style and practice and learn. It's a journey of discovery that takes forever. Even professional artists will tell you that they are still in the process of learning and changing. New colors ideas and styles. Making a mark is an ever changing expression. So be all that only you can be. It's a journey of joy hope discovery and a passion that can not be denied. Dont loose yourself in anyone elses work. Loose yourself in your own and you will find that artist thats begging to get out.

No comments: