Thursday, February 12, 2009

confessions of a plein air painter



I went out on my porch this morning. The moody sky was marvelous, looking toward the railroad tracks. It was not too cold. I bundled up well and had a blanket to sit on. I was trying to capture the dark clouds with breaks of the sky coming through. I think I got a very good start. It took me about an hour to get everything blocked in. I carried the box into the house as there is supposed to be rain off and on today. In trying to set the box up on its tripod stand I lost the whole box. It went upside town on the floor. Luckily the picture did not suffer damage but the container of turpentine dumped on the rug. Happily it was not paint on the rug or I would have had a major scrubbing event. But at least the painting at this stage of the game survived.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Cora, this is a great start, the sky looks awesome. Thanks for sharing it with us.