Thursday, February 26, 2009

new adventure



I can remember when I started painting, water was a difficult thing to paint. Water has such unique qualities. It reflects light and dark. It reflects its surroundings. It is not an easy thing to recreate raw nature. A tree as long as it looks like a tree one will interpret it as a tree. Water and sky there is no faking. It either is or isnt a successful image. At any rate i found this photo on Wet Canvas so I thought I would give it a try. This is the start of the picture. In fact it only took me an hour to get this far.

2 comments:

Fallen Engel Graphic Novel said...

The painting looks amazing Cora. A hour..wow! I wish I was that fast.

Karen said...

Hi Cora
Wow, you never fail to amaze me with the wonder of your art. This is an amazing painting, the water is so good, so inspirational.